Cheap Loveseats Under 200
Want to bring in some extra oomph to your room with a Love Seat, but don’t know how to go about it? Well, our ultimate Love Seat guide is here to settle all your woes!
How much time does the average person spend on the sofa? It is safe to say the sofa is probably the most used household furniture. Loveseats are the sofas of small space living. Modeled after the contemporary sofa, a loveseat can effortlessly tie a room together, accentuate that awkward space in the corner or basically offer additional seating or lounging. Also as the name suggests, loveseats are made for lovers to cuddle and enjoy each other’s company. No matter the reason for needing one, shopping for a loveseat requires finesse. Here is a list of the best and most affordable loveseats.
This mid-century loveseat is as unique as it is vibrant. The chic and classy design coupled with the mid-century retro vibe makes this piece one of a kind. The linen upholstery is actually tightly woven soft canvas with real texture that brings out great character. The natural wooden legs are the perfect finish to give this loveseat a relaxed home feel.
Amazon rating: 4.0
- Easy to assemble
- Classy high-end design
- The seat cushion is removable but cannot be flipped in case of a stain
The Divano Roma Loveseat is a classy mid-century modern-inspired masterpiece perfect for the topical home. What really stands out with this loveseat is the soft tufted linen upholstery with trendy transposed stitched edges that take elegance to another level. This design combines tufting, subtle curves and straight lines to create a sleek yet vintage shape. It comes with two decorative accent pillows.
Amazon rating: 4.3
- Easy to build
- Maintains shape even with extended use
- It is very light and can easily slide across the room
- The seating area is very firm making it uncomfortable for the people who prefer soft cushioning.
The Charlotte Gray Fabric Loveseat is ideal for when space is too small for a full size sofa and too big for a recliner. It is super simple in its design with clean lines and polished wooden legs. If the gray is too dull for you, you can liven up this piece with funky throw pillows and/or blankets. This loveseat can blend well with high-end units without showing its affordable price.
Amazon rating: 4.7
- Easy to put together
- An easy fit
- Too heavy to push around
This loveseat is the ultimate choice if you want to give your home a pop modernism. The Nile Green Leather loveseat will definitely not slink in the corner and blend in with the background. It is a small-profile but colorful loveseat that commands attention. It is sturdy with clean lines and refined wooden legs.
Amazon rating: 4.2
- Easy to set up
- Seating area is unyielding and it takes getting used to
- The back is lower than it appears
This loveseat is a classy person’s dream. It compliments any décor in the most flexible way. This means you can make it an accent piece or blend it with the rest of your units and it will work just as well. The smooth layout and clean lines give a very relaxed homely feel without understating the overall classic look.
Amazon rating: 4.9
- Simple assembly
- Elegant look
- The foam is hard and maybe uncomfortable
Why buy a loveseat?
Would you have ever thought, a mere piece of furniture would serve as a clickbait? Well, the Loveseat does! The very name conjures up feelings of warmth and giddiness in the hearts of most people. Loveseat, as the name suggests, is a two seater sofa, meant for the loveliest of hearts and truly appeasing in its every form. The history of this furniture dates back to the 1600s, where it fulfilled the sartorial needs of the people, later progressing towards its current stature. The name “loveseat” originated in the 19th century when the common masses used it for courting purposes hence, the name “love seat” or “courting chairs”. The first known Victorian loveseats came in ‘S’ shaped sizes with the pair facing each other, well suited for intimate conversations and privacy. The anatomy of this furniture is so designed to easily accommodate two people or more based on its size. The added comfort of a sofa coupled with the grandness reminiscent of the Baroquian days, loveseats are bound to bring due allure to an ordinary modern household. Versatile in style, they elevate the grandeur of the room in addition to providing space and comfort. Loveseats come in various shapes and sizes, the choice solely depending on the likeness of the prospective buyer.
The advent of the love seat into the functional unit it is today began in Great Britain, where they were modified to fit the homes of the oncoming era.
A Love Seat is all you need to brighten up your house!
As the popular saying goes, your house is pretty much a reflection of your personality, as it provides a glimpse into your very essence. Moving into a new house can be daunting. Moreover, the over boding task of furnishing and interior decor can be quite stressful to say the least. Everything from the color of the walls to the color of the floor tiles, mirrors your taste and style.
However, Victorian, Baroquian, Modern, Contemporary to each their own, gravitate not only towards the architectural aspect, but also to the styles of the furniture you choose. Furniture is essentially the foundation of any given room, ranging from the grandest to the simplest. The loveseat is one such architectural beauty that fits this aspect perfectly. It’s a true investment that is going to stick with you for a long time.
Here are a few tips you can keep in mind when you go Loveseat shopping:
● Pay attention! For indeed the SIZE matters: The foremost thing to pay heed to when choosing a loveseat is the size of the room. A standard loveseat is 4 to 6 feet long and about 37 inches in depth, though the dimensions vary according to the individual style and size. Make sure to keep in mind the exact dimension of the room and the dimensions of the loveseat while choosing your perfect fit. For instance, a spacious living room would require a larger loveseat- typically 70 inches long and 40 inches deep, while a tiny bedroom calls for a smaller one- ideally 60 inches in width and 28 inches in depth. One thing to make sure with a smaller room is to pick the right piece that makes the compact space appear larger. Large, bulky loveseats would not suit a smaller space, as it would only end up shadowing the layout of the room. However, if you want to make the loveseat the focus of the room, it has to be big enough to provide ample seating and grand enough to complement the space as well as other furniture.
● Not just the size, the SHAPE matters too: The shape of the loveseat denotes its functionality. Loveseats come in a variety of shapes in the market, which can add to your confusion. L-shaped loveseats are a perfect fit for a bigger space, for instance, a living room, while S- shaped loveseats, as the name suggests, have a ‘S’ shaped back purposely crafted without an armrest that go well in a more intimate setting. Settee loveseats are smaller in size making them a perfect fit for a smaller room. Sleeper loveseats feature an added recliner, which function both as a sofa and a bed for extra comfort and pleasure.
Some other aspects to consider:
● Don’t forget the make-up of the love seat: Now that you have chosen the perfectly shaped loveseat, the next thing to pay attention to is its upholstery material. Do you want to go for suede or leather? Or would pleather be a better choice? Or should you ditch all the others for the classic linen? The answer to these mind-boggling questions is fairly simple! The choice depends entirely on your life-style. Suede would be a wrong pick if you’re not accustomed to proper caring, as maintaining a suede furniture is true work. Leather would fare better, as a true leather piece never goes out of style and is generally easier to clean than suede pieces.
● Make sure the love seat is in sync with the tone of your décor: The most grueling thing, yet the most pleasing, is choosing the style of your loveseat. Do you gravitate more towards classical pieces reminiscent of the Victorian days or are you more suited to modern contemporary styles? Well, no matter your palate, loveseats are available in numerous styles thus, making it easier for the buyer to express their own personal panache and flair.
● The importance of the alignment: Another essential thing to ensure is the orientation of the furniture. The alignment plays a significant role in the overall look of the room. Haphazardly placed furniture would make the room look cluttered and disarranged.